Tetautua Village, Penrhyn, Cook Islands
- Minister: Rev. Tumukau Masrters
- Assistant Minister: Saitu Joe Marsters
- Secretary, Deacons’ meeting:
- Treasurer: Turoa Taia
- Assistant Treasurer: Tamu Tapaitau
- Representative to CICC General Assembly: Rio Teika
- 12 Deacons
- 6 Sunday School Teachers
- 25 regular Sunday school students
- 54 Regular Church members
The Ekalesia was established in the early 19th century, one of the 2 on the island. Due to migration, the number of people on the island of Penrhyn and in the village of Tetautua has fallen dramatically over the years. Many members are now settled in New Zealand and Australia, and are regular members of the CICC branches in those countries.
Management in the church comprises of the Minister as chairperson for all meetings except departmental ones. The overall administrator is the Secretary, assisted by the Secretary of the Deacons’ meeting. The Treasurer looks after the church’s finances and reports regularly to church meetings. The church closely follows the CICC Manual guidelines and procedures for its efficient functioning and administration.
There are 6 departments in the Tetautua Church; Deacons Meeting, Sunday school, Women’s Fellowship, Boys Brigade, Girl Guide, and Christian Youth. Each organization has its own regular programmes and activities which, except for the first, are associated with those at the national level.
All departments hold regular meetings to monitor the progress of their own programmes. The parish as a whole has a combined meeting at the end of every 3 months. In these quarterly meetings, developments in each of the departments are reported, as well as reports from the Minister, Secretary, Treasurer, and Deacons group. Irregular meetings are also convened as and when needed.
- Quetness at all times unless part-taking in the hymns
- No cameras & videos are to beused inside the church at all times
- Casual wear (singlets, shorts, etc.) is not preferred
- After the Services, feel free to chat with the Minister and members
Regular Church Services
Regular church services are as follows:
- Sunday early morning service: 6.30am
- Main service: 10.00am
- Evening service: 3.00pm
- Wednesday &Friday
- morning service: 6.30am
- Rekapi (pre-communion): Wednesday before Oroa
- Friday before Oroa (pure Ekalesia)
- Oroa (communion): 1st Sunday of each month
- Etene (post-communion): Wednesday after Oroa
- Pentecost: As per canlendar
- Church parade: 2nd Sunday Feb. to Nov.
- National Gospel Day: October 26
- Tongareva Gospel Day March 13 Easter: As per calendar
- Christmas/New Year: As per calendar
- Mothers/Father’s Day: As per calendar
Seating is arranged in 3 rows; Sunday school and Christian Youth together in the middle, and the senior members and elders on one side. Some of the members and visitors sit on the other side.
Tetautua Church is a member of the Penrhyn CICC Council and participates in all programmes and activities organized by this council. Furthermore, it complies with the resolutions passed by the CICC General Assembly.
- church building,
- Sunday School Hall,
- and the minister’s residence.
Contact for more Information
Minister: Rev. Tumukau Marsters Phone: 42330
Secretary: Saitu Joe Marsters Phone: 42303